The smelly feet when an excess foot perspiration soaks the lining of the shoes and socks. Perspiration creates an optimal environment for bacteria that can grow and cause a bad smell. The sweaty, smelly feet and / or shoes are the most common signs.
People who wear shoes with poor ventilation, synthetic leather boots or not-or not-wicking polyester or nylon socks tend to have persistent foot odor.
Bacteria are the main source of foot odor. The bacteria consume the dead skin cells on the feet, which in turn produce smelly feet.
- Keep your feet dry and ventilated
- Change your shoes daily to allow them to dry thoroughly
- Wear clean cotton socks to help wick sweat from the skin
- Use powders or other drying agents
- Daily Practice good hygiene (wash and dry your feet well)