The ingrown toenail is the result of a fragment of a penetrating flesh and causes inflammation and pain. There are two types:
the most usual embodiment the lateral anterior occurs when the nail is embodied forward.
- Malformations of nails determined by heredity.
- Shoes too tight
- Defects in the pedicure or manicure to cut bad side edges.
- Some antipsoriatic or antiretroviral treatments (IP).
- Growths occurring flesh under the nail.
- Ingrown toenail Distal observed in preterm and presents a different aspect
The most important thing is to take a precautionary approach to avoid cutting the lateral edges of the nail, use topical antiseptics used if there is inflammation and extensive footwear. Curative treatment relies on antibiotic therapy and antiseptic. Some doctors use the nail disembodied means temporarily until swelling down in the second half and cut the nail properly.
Surgical treatment is indicated only under certain circunstrancias and can be a classic or laser intervention, however preventive treatment is the best weapon against ingrown toenails can even avoid surgery in many cases.