Causes of Athlete's Foot
Athlete's foot is a common infection caused by a fungus. It most often affects the space between the toes. Symptoms include itching, burning, and cracked, scaly skin between your toes.
You can get athlete's foot from damp surfaces, such as showers, swimming pools, and locker room floors. To prevent it
- Keep your feet clean, dry, and cool
- Wear clean socks
- Don't walk barefoot in public areas
- Wear flip-flops in locker room showers
- Keep your toenails clean and clipped short
- Treatments include over-the-counter antifungal creams for most cases and prescription medicines for more serious infections. These usually clear up the infection, but it can come back.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.