Tips for patients
Virtually all foot problems are solvable or better, no matter what age to be treated. Constancy treatments is reflected in the results thereof. However, it is important to consider several recommendations for foot care.
- Pain. Pain in knees, hips and spine may have originated in the feet, but they do not hurt.
- Children. They should be periodically monitored, especially from 4 years by a biomechanical examination to rule out musculoskeletal disorders.
- Templates. always they are custom-made, discarding the standard treatments. The podiatrist will indicate the type of template that best suits your needs: item templates, thermoformed, 3D etc.
- Sport. Use footwear suitable for each sport. The key to finding the right shoe is comfort, not price or brand. Do not expect an adjustment period to footwear to start feeling comfortable: must have it from day one. Use flip flops in the shower to prevent fungal infections and papillomas.
- In town. Urban shoes should be comfortable, although little, noble and subject to the instep or heel materials. Avoid sandals for continuous use.
- Barefooted. It is beneficial to walk barefoot on the sand of the beach (except for diabetics) to strengthen all the intrinsic and extrinsic foot muscles and improve circulation.
- Corns and calluses. See your podiatrist to treat it, what you do not do without consulting the specialist, and less if you are diabetic or have circulatory problems. Use mild soaps and always cut the nails straight. Avoid dryness with specific creams containing urea.
- Protection. If you fight back recent scars from the sun with high protection sunscreens so they do not suffer variations in pigmentation.
- Previous study. Before surgical treatment should be ruled out if biomechanical alterations of interest are presented. If so, it is very important to treat after surgery to avoid complications in the medium and / or long term. Also, if you will undergo a foot surgery, it is suitable quit.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot & ankle specialists
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.