Dr. Orlando Rivera
- Broken toes are often caused by trauma or injury. Prolonged repetitive movements can cause a type of broken toe called a stress or hairline fracture.
- Symptoms of a broken toe include: pain, swelling, stiffness, bruising, deformity, and difficultly walking.
- Possible complications of a broken toe include: nail injury, compound fracture, infection, deformity, or arthritis.
- Seek immediate medical care if you suspect an open fracture of the toe; if there is bleeding; cold, numb, or tingling sensation; if the toe appears deformed or is pointing in the wrong direction; or blue or gray color to the injured area.
- A broken toe is diagnosed with a medical examination, which may include X-rays.
- To help decrease pain and swelling in a broken toe, elevate the foot, ice the injury, and stay off the foot.
- Depending on the severity of the fracture, the toe may need to be put back into place (reduced), and some compound toe fractures may require surgery.
- Pain from a broken toe can usually be controlled with over-the-counter pain medication.
- Buddy taping (taping the toe to an adjacent toe can be used to splint a fractured toe.
- Most broken toes heal without complications in six weeks
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Dr. Orlando Rivera.
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Foot and Ankle Surgeon, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.