Foot and Ankle Surgeon
- The bones in the foot may be broken in many ways including direct blows, crush injuries, falls and overuse or stress.
- Initial treatment may include RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation). Rest may include the use of crutches to limit weight bearing.
- X-rays often help make the diagnosis but bone scan or computerized tomography (CT scan) may be needed to help visualize the injury.
- Treatment of foot fractures depend upon which bone is broken but many fractures are treated with a compression dressing, a stiff- soled shoe, and weight bearing as tolerated.
- Some foot fractures require surgery to repair the damage.
- Complications of foot fractures include non-union at the fracture site, arthritis if a joint is involved, and infection if the skin is broken.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot and Ankle Surgeon.
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Foot and Ankle Surgeon, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.