Foot & Ankle Specialists
You don’t necessarily need to sacrifice style in the quest for smarter footwear this summer. Save the basic flip-flops for the beach and backyard, and invest in something cute and supportive for when you’re walking around. Here are some tips for what to look for:
- Choose a sandal with a supportive yet lightweight outer sole that provides shock absorption, and stay away from the ‘floppy brands’.
- Look for a cradle around the heel, to reduce your chances of ankle sprains.
- Cork soles are better than most rubber soles, a slight wedge can be better for some with higher arches.
- Orthotic sandals, such as those by Naot, Birkenstock, Bite and Wolky, can be a better option.
- Go for solid straps, such as Velcro strapping or a pulley-lock fit system in technical support sandals, which can help hold your foot in place.
Don’t miss out! Sign up for our free weekly newsletters and get nutritious recipes, healthy weight-loss tips, easy ways to stay in shape and all the health news you need, delivered straight to your inbox.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot & ankle specialists.
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.