Questions to Ask Yourself
From blood work to X-rays, tests your doctor uses to find the cause of ankle pain.
Diagnosing an ankle problem will begin with a physical exam and assessment of your medical history. During the medical history your doctor will ask you questions such as:
- What symptoms are you experiencing?
- When did you first start noticing them? Were they the result of an injury?
- Are your symptoms worse after activity or rest? Are there certain activities that make them worse or better?
- Do you recall having an illness or accident around the time your symptoms began?
- Are you experiencing symptoms in any joints besides the ankle(s)?
- Do any of your family members have arthritis or other ankle problems?
- Do you have other medical problems that could be causing your symptoms?
During the physical exam your doctor will look at and touch your ankles and any other joints you may be experiencing problems with. Your doctor will be looking for areas that have tenderness, pain or swelling, as well as indications that the joint may be damaged. Depending on the findings of the history and exam, your doctor may order lab tests and imaging tests to help make or confirm a diagnosis.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot Pain Houston.
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.