Yoga Pose of the Day: Tree Pose
Tree Pose (Vrksasana)
Imagine that you are being held inside of a tree trunk. Stand anchored, as you grow your arms wide open to the sky to receive. Try and stay committed to one spot. Feel your roots sinking deep into the earth.
- Place most of your weight on your straight left leg and draw your right knee up towards your chest.
- Extend up through your sternum and down through your straightened left leg.
- Turn your right knee out as you bring the sole of your right foot to the inner thigh or calf of your left leg. Press the sole of your foot and your inner thigh together.
- Steady your gaze and connect with your breathing.
- Gently tuck your tailbone down towards your heel.
- Press your palms together in prayer position at your heart, and then reach them up and over your head. Extend a line of energy out through the crown of your head down through the center of your body.
- Hold the pose for five to ten breaths and then repeat on your right side.
Physical Benefits: Tones your inner thighs, calves, and ankles. Stretches your inner thigh and groin.
Healing Benefits: Reduces sciatica, and flat feet.
Emotional Aspects: Balance poses help us with patience and mental focus.
Modifications: Bring the sole of your foot to the ankle or calf if you can’t reach your inner thigh. You can also use a wall or chair for balance.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Keywords: Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston