Tips for Dance With RA
If you’re interested in dancing (or doing any other strenuous physical activities) with rheumatoid arthritis, try these strategies:
- Visit a podiatrist. Some people with RA find that the small bones and joints of their feet can become inflamed. Some kind of foot pain or foot problems may be common, according to a study published in a 2012 issue of The Open Rheumatology Journal, where 89 out of 100 participants complained of foot or ankle problems.
- Work with your rheumatologist. Let your doctor know about your fitness goals so he can fine-tune your treatment.
- Know your best times. Schedule practices, classes, or rehearsals for the times of day when you have the most energy.
- Pace yourself. Be sure to take breaks and rest during dance events. Don’t allow the pressure to socialize keep you on your feet if you need to sit and drink some water.
- Educate partners. Tell your fellow dancers and instructors about rheumatoid arthritis and how it might affect you differently on some days.
People with rheumatoid arthritis can keep right on dancing as long as they take care of themselves.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Orlando H.Rivera DPM
Keywords: Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston