Follow These Simple Exercises
Flat feet can be hereditary or can be a result of mis-treating the foot.
It is caused by weakened leg muscles due to injury or wearing high heels for a long time or because of wearing shoes without arch support.
However, you can cure flat feet with stretching and foot exercises. Following are flat feet exercises to get the arch shaped feet! Flat feet exercises:
1. Wear shoes which have arch support. It is one of the most effective foot exercise to cure flat feet. Don't wear high heels for a long period of time.
2. Sit on the floor and place your feet flat on the floor. Lift your left feet's toes and foot except the heel. Hold this stretch for 10-15 seconds and then do with right feet. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
3. Sit on the floor with knees bend and hands in the back for support. Separate the foot from the floor whilst keeping the heel on the floor. Cramp the toes and hold it for 15 seconds.
4. Lift the left upper foot and rest it on the other. It is like a criss-cross foot position/ foot over foot. Rest the middle of the foot on the other feet and exert little pressure. Hold it for a minute and then repeat with right flat foot.
5. Spread the feet and join the soles of the heels. Holding your feet just above the ankles. Try spreading the toes much further till you feel a stretch. Make a curve by cramping the feet and letting the toe touch the floor.
6. Sit with legs straight touching the floor. Lift your right feet and touch the last toe finger of the left feet. This foot exercise is an effective stretching to build an arch.
7. Join the feet together and then spread the heels on both the sides with toes joined. Do this flat feet exercise in a sitting position for best results. You can also spread the knees and join all the toe fingers together whilst keeping the heels apart. Hold this flat feet stretching exercise and repeat again after breaks.
8. Put your heels on tennis or hand balls and big toes touching the floor. Hold a rod or an object to balance the body weight. Put the body weight on the right heel and then breath in and out. Shift the pressure from the right to the left. After 2-3 minutes shift the ball towards the front foot, heels touching the floor and then repeat again. Breath in and out during this flat feet exercise as it encourages stretching and relaxation of the leg and feet muscles.
Use these flat feet exercises to cure flat feet and always wear tight shoes with an arch support and avoid wearing high heels for a continuous stretch.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot & ankle specialists
Keywords: Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston