Are You A Candidate?
Many people get relief from bunion pain by wearing larger shoes with a wider toe-box (for example, athletic shoes instead of ballet flats or high heels). Cushioning bunions with protective pads also help. Those who experience pain even after making these lifestyle adjustments may choose bunion removal surgery as an effective treatment method.
You are most likely an ideal candidate for bunion surgery if:
- your pain restricts or prohibits you from completing everyday routines or activities
- you cannot walk more than a few blocks without severe pain
- your big toe remains swollen and painful even with rest and medication
- you can’t bend or straighten your big toe
- Discuss your condition with your doctors so they have complete information about your symptoms and limitations. Your doctor will take X-rays of your foot to diagnose the condition and to determine the kind of surgery needed to correct your specific problem.
More than 100 different types of bunion removal surgery exist to remove the bump and to realign the positioning of the big toe. The type of surgery you need depends on how your bunion developed.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Food and Ankle Surgeon Houston
Keywords: Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Food & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Food and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston