Tips For Runners And Walkers
Whether you are a seasoned runner or a recreational walker, keeping your foot health in mind will ensure you enjoy every step of the way and remain injury free. Here are some of our top tips for optimal foot and ankle health:
1. Replace your runners regularly: Studies show that 8/10 people are wearing uncomfortable, worn out or ill-fitting shoes. Over time, the midsole, which provides the cushioning and stability, breaks down causing muscle fatigue, shin splints and even foot and joint pain.
2. Stretch: Especially after you run, stretching is a must-do. Running takes a hard toll on your body and joints, and If you stop moving immediately after a run you are more likely to be sore and cause injury. Stretching improves flexibility and reduces lactic acid ensuring a healthy and strong season on your feet.
3. Start Slow: Many runners hit the paths with vengeance and feel stiff and sore the next day. On your first week back run shorter distances every other day to avoid fatigue. Once the first week is behind you begin increasing your distance by no more than 10% per week.
4. Keep your feet dry: Wet feet can lead to problems such as Athlete’s foot and blisters on the feet so make sure you stick to dry areas and wear proper running socks.
5. Address Problems Immediately: Consult us you feel any foot or joint pain. Call us: 713-691-9600.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot Pain Houston
Keywords: Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Food & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Food and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston