Home Remedies for the Calcaneal Spur
1. - REST. - It is without a doubt the first defense measure that we must take before the incisive pain due to a calcaneal spur. Rest the foot to prevent further inflammation, avoiding running and making sudden movements allowing the injury to heal.
As the days go by and the inflammation decreases, we will perform small stretches and gentle exercises. Keep in mind that a correct recovery will prevent us from taking this painful injury again.
2. - ORTHOPEDIC TEMPLATES. - Ideal to go treating the calcaneal spur. It is a simple templates that have a softer area where we can rest the heel, thus cushioning the footprints and reduce both pressure and pain. You can find these templates easily in pharmacies. They are perfect for when you already have a little more mobility, since the first days it would be necessary that you keep rest in order to reduce inflammation. There are also a specific type of bandages for the heel calcaneus that are located at specific points to correct the injury. All of this can be reported by your doctor or your pharmacist.
3. - FROSTED BOTTLE. - You know that ice is always very beneficial in case of inflammation and to reduce pain. But yes, we should never put in direct contact with our skin the surface of a piece of ice, as this would cause us more damage than anything else. Solution? A very practical Take a liter and a half plastic bottle and fill it with water. Then, take it to the freezer. When it is completely cold and frozen, spread a towel on the floor. What you should do is roll with your foot (where you have the spur) the water bottle, for at least 15 minutes. Do it in the morning and at night, you will see how you notice relief.
4. - HOME MASSAGES. - They are simply perfect. You will find relief and you will reduce inflammation. What can you use? Very easy, for example apple cider vinegar. You just have to take a cloth, a small wipe for example, and soak it with half a glass with apple cider vinegar. Apply the cloth to the heel, performing small circular massages while allowing the skin to soak with the liquid. This you can do in the mornings. In the afternoons, you can use a mixture of lavender, rosemary and sea salt. The first two ingredients can be obtained by making an infusion with 5 sprigs of lavender and three sprigs of rosemary. Then, soak a cloth with this liquid, also adding coarse salt. Try to keep it warm when you put it on the calcaneal spur. Leave it on your foot for about ten minutes. Then, introduce your foot in fresh water. The contrast of hot water with cold water reactivates circulation and reduces inflammation.
5. - SMALL STRETCHES. - Very soft exercises, small stretches that allow you, little by little improve mobility and soften heel pain. A simple activity is for example sitting on a chair and leaving a towel on the floor. Try to lift it with the affected foot, little by little.
Another useful exercise is that before we have indicated you, roll a cold bottle with the sole of the foot. The cold relieves the pain at the same time you perform small stretches. When you get up in the morning, you can also do something very simple: take the toes of your feet and pull them gently towards you, this so easy forces in turn to move all the complex bones in our feet, forcing us to recover the mobility and to reduce pain.
Source: Mejor con Salud
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Houston Foot and ankle specialists.
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.