Children get warts when they contract the HPV virus from other people or when they touch something infected.
Like any other virus or bacteria, the virus grows and thrives in damp and warm places. Warts are contagious and spread from one person to another through direct or indirect contact. However, not all children who come into contact with the virus develop warts, because of better immunity levels.
Here are a few ways in which your child can get warts.
- Touching an infected person may sometimes cause warts.
- If your child uses a cloth or an object that a person with HPV has used, he may be vulnerable to contracting the virus.
- Kids with scratches or wounds on the body are more likely to contract the virus.
- Kids may also get warts when they bite their fingernails or pick at hangnails, where the virus hides and thrives.
- If your child already has a wart, picking it or scratching it can result in more warts on the body.
- Kids who use public swimming pools and showers barefoot are more vulnerable than those who use footwear.
- Children who spend a lot of time barefoot in playgrounds could get plantar warts.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.