Treatment of Foot and Ankle
Stress fractures often are the result of increasing the amount or intensity of an activity too rapidly, such as doubling the distance you run or playing a sport longer or more often than usual. Causes of foot and ankle stress fractures can also include:
- The impact of an unfamiliar playing surface – For example, when a tennis player starts playing on a hard court instead of the usual soft clay court.
- Improper equipment – A runner may continue to wear worn or less flexible shoes instead of changing to new shoes with good support.
- Increased physical stress – A basketball player may suddenly get a substantial increase in playing time which results in a rapid increase in stress on the feet.
- Osteoporosis or other bone diseases can weaken the bones and make them more susceptible to stress fractures.
- Poor diet – A poor diet may affect the normal healing and remodeling process of your bones and may make them more susceptible to stress fractures.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Treatment of Foot and Ankle.
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Foot and Ankle Surgeon, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.