Treatment & Prevention for Warm Sensation in the Feet
The following additional symptoms along with warm sensation in feet indicate of a warning sign that there is some serious underlying medical condition:
- Tingling sensation
- Pain in the feet
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Changes in the sensation
- Impaired coordination.
How is the Cause of Warm Sensation in Feet Diagnosed?
- The doctor performs physical examination and analyzes the recorded medical history.
- X-rays, CT-scan, MRI-scan are used to rule out injuries, nerve entrapment, soft tissue masses and trauma.
- Nerve tests as Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction study are performed to check the transmission capacity of the nerves.
- Skin samples are taken to check the skin condition such as athlete's foot which causes skin to burn.
- Laboratory tests of blood, urine and spinal fluid are done to check for diabetes, vitamin levels and arthritis.
Treatment for Warm Sensation in the Feet
The doctor checks the cause of warm sensation in the feet and makes an appropriate treatment plan. The things to be done at home which will help reduce pain are:
- Selecting proper footwear
- Wearing cotton made socks for reducing sweating
- Having insoles or inserts in the shoes
- Feet should be thoroughly cleaned with cool water every day
- Creams and ointments must be applied to soothe the pain
- Increased Vitamin B12 intake
- Prolonged resting of the feet
- Reduction in alcohol consumption
- Proper medications to be ingested
In rare cases, it becomes a necessity to perform surgery to treat warm sensation in the feet when none of the above mentioned home remedies work or when there is nerve damage.
Prevention of Warm Sensation in Feet
It is always good to prevent the medical disorder from occurring by taking proper precaution:
- The socks, shoes, should be changed frequently.
- One must perform leg stretching exercises regularly.
- The socks, shoes and feet should be allowed to dry.
- Although there are various treatments available, self care is the best treatment option for warm sensation in the feet.
The warm feeling is a very common complaint which is mostly encountered in age above 50 years. It is very an important clinical symptom of a number of underlying medical conditions. Hence, it should not be ignored. It is essential to seek immediate medical aid for proper treatment and to avoid problems in future.
RIVERA FOOT & ANKLE: At Orlando H.Rivera DPM, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting. When you have problems with your feet, you need to turn to a podiatrist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs… a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physician(s) meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Foot and Ankle Podiatry
Foot and Ankle, Dr. Orlando Rivera, Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialist, Foot and Ankle Podiatry, Houston Foot & Ankle Surgical, Treatment of Foot and Ankle, Foot & ankle specialists, Podiatrist in houston, podiatrist in houston, Orlando H.Rivera DPM, Houston Foot Doctor, Foot and Ankle Surgeon Houston, Ankle and Foot Specialist Houston, Podiatrist Houston, Foot Pain Houston.